Australian Employer Nomination Scheme (SUBCLASS 186)
The Employer Nominated Visa subclass suits those nominated by an Australian employer. It is needed to occupy a full-time position.
The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa involves a two-step process. The first step is the nomination by an approved Australian employer. Then the second step is to apply under the nominated stream. This is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa program.
This visa is a permanent residence visa. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.
The visa has three streams:
- Temporary Residence Transition
- Direct Entry Stream
- Agreement Stream
Temporary Residence Transition
The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for existing subclass 457 or 482 (TSS) visa holders. It applies for those that have worked full-time for an employer in Australia on a TSS and/or subclass 457 visa(s) for at least:
- three out of the previous four years (before the nomination is made) in the same position that they have nominated you for or
- two out of the previous three years before the nomination is made, if transitional arrangements apply because you either held, or were an applicant for, a subclass 457 visa (which was subsequently granted) on 18 April 2017
- in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who has lodged a valid nomination under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.
Direct Entry Stream
The Direct Entry stream is for:
- people who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream
- people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia, or
- temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream
The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement. You might be able to get this visa if you:
- have been nominated by an approved Australian employer
- are younger than 45 years of age, unless you are exempt
- meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements, unless you are exempt
- apply under the stream for which you were nominated.
Find Out More
To learn more about the Australian Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Points, contact us today. Call our Australian Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Migration Agent in Sydney on +61 468 838 899. Here we can help you understand how you can apply for the Australian 186 Employer Nomination Scheme Visa. Alternatively, you can complete the form on this page to learn more about the General 186 Visa Requirements.
Seeking Work in Australia
Keystone Visa and Migration Service has personal experience with Impact Executive Appointments. John Colebatch’s experiences include consulting and recruiting to multinational, international, regional, interstate and local companies. Through his business Impact Executive Appointments, John has assisted with appointments in states across Australia. Visit the website to see if your experience matches the executive recruitment John Colebatch focuses on. He also has some valuable candidate advice for those seeking to work in Australia.