Australian Employer Nomination Scheme
Employer Nominated Visa – This subclass suits individuals that are nominated by an Australian employer in order to occupy a full time position.
The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa program.
This visa is a permanent residence visa. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.
The visa has three streams:
- Temporary Residence Transition
- Direct Entry Stream
- Agreement Stream
Temporary Residence Transition
The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for existing subclass 457 visa holders or subclass 482 Visa (TSS) holders, and have worked for your employer full-time in Australia on your TSS and/or subclass 457 visa(s) for at least:
- three out of the previous four years (before the nomination is made) in the same position that they have nominated you for or
- two out of the previous three years before the nomination is made, if transitional arrangements apply because you either held, or were an applicant for, a subclass 457 visa (which was subsequently granted) on 18 April 2017
- in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who has lodged a valid nomination under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.
Direct Entry Stream
The Direct Entry stream is for:
- people who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream
- people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia, or
- temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream
The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement. You might be able to get this visa if you:
- have been nominated by an approved Australian employer
- are younger than 45 years of age, unless you are exempt
- meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements, unless you are exempt
- apply under the stream for which you were nominated.
Find Out More
Talk to our Australian Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Migration Agent in Sydney on +61 (0)2 8091 3881 to learn more about Australian Employer Nomination Scheme Visa Points or General 186 Visa Requirements and how you can apply for Australian 186 Employer Nomination Scheme Visa today.
Seeking Work in Australia
Keystone Visa and Migration Service has personal experience with Impact Executive Appointments. John Colebatch’s experience includes consulting and recruiting to multinational, international, regional, interstate and local companies. Through his business Impact Executive Appointments, John has assisted with appointments in all states of mainland Australia. We suggest you visit the web site to see if your experience matches the type of executive recruitment John Colebatch focuses on. He also has some valuable candidate advice for those seeking to work in Australia.